By TheAngelForever | December 15, 2008
Growing up Jewish in a predominantly Christian society can be tough on a child. For most of the fall months into December, most of world is dressed up and ready to celebrate Christmas.
As a child growing up in the 80′s, living in a moderate Jewish community, we had few items to really decorate for Chanukah. There was only a small store in our synagogue with some merchandise in it. As the years went by, more main stream stores started to carry a few Chanukah items here and there. They would all pretty much have the same few token tchotchkes. Plastic dreidels, cheap looking menorahs and some window clings were available.
In more recent years, people have started businesses online to help keep traditions alive, add modern touches and provide fun for Jewish families. One of these online stores is PopJudaica.com
Last year, post Chanukah, I found PopJudaica.com. I oogled at numerous items and thought about different family members to purchase things for.
The Plush Menorah would be perfect for the little guy. He would be able to safely light his own menorah along with us.
The Got Latkes? apron would be perfect for almost any of the women (or men – like my hubby) who prepare the tasty traditional Chanukah food.
NHL loves to wear his kippahs to Hebrew School. The Kroc Kippah would be a fun way for him to personalize it on his own.
Of course for my brother, a recreational poker player, the Poker Yarmulke would be a perfect choice.
Seriously if you are Jewish, know someone who is, or want to learn more about another religion PopJudaica.com is a wonderful source for goodies galore.
The founder of PopJudaica.com has offered my readers the opportunity to win their own No Limit Texas Dreidel Game. This game would be enjoyed by both kids and adults, so it would be fabulous for family game nights. It puts a modern spin on a traditional holiday game for everyone of all religions to enjoy.
Rules for Giveaway:
- MAIN RULE – Leave a comment telling me three of your favorite items from PopJudaica.com
- 1 Bonus Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1Bonus Entry – Stumble this post and leave your Stumble name in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Favorite TheAngelForever in Technorati and leave your name there in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Follow me on Twitter (@TheAngelForever) and tweet once about my giveaway. Leave a link to your comment in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Add TheAngelForever to your blog roll and leave a separate comment.
- 3 Bonus Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog about the giveaway. Be sure to leave 3 comments about this to get credit for all of your extra credit.
My Chanukah shopping fun game giveaway will run through Friday, December 19, with the winner being contacted over the weekend. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be notified by e-mail for address information. The winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian residents only and will be shipped from PopJudaica with the hope (no promises) that it will arrive to enjoy during Chanukah.
Have fun and thanks for participating in my Chanukah!