By TheAngelForever | August 31, 2009
As a child, my family went to Walt Disney World almost every summer. During the winter, I also have fond memories of going to see Disney On Ice. My husband and I would love to go to Disney World each year, but it is not in the finances right now. We have been lucky and gone to see Disney on Ice at our local arena several times with our oldest son. Last year, my parents and I brought my oldest son. This was just around the time that we booked our first family trip to Walt Disney World for May.
We saw the 100 Years of Magic show and it was amazing. I loved watching my son’s face as he saw the stage on the ice for the first time, and then witnessed all of the familiar characters skate by. Nana and Papa even splurged and bought him some Mickey binoculars.
I was recently asked by Mom Central to participate in a Disney on Ice Blog Tour to share information about their latest tours on behalf of Feld Entertainment. As a parent, I can stand behind this show because it was well worth the money and the show is a class act. Everyone big and small will be mesmerized with the shows. Here is some information about the shows traveling this year along with a special offer.
Mom Central is excited to extend the following special family offers; look for the box marked "MC Promotion" when purchasing tickets:
- *Offer #1: Get 4 tickets for just $44 by entering the code "MOM" at select ticketing channels. Offer good on all weekday performances, which includes all weekday evening and Friday matinee performances; minimum purchase of 4 tickets required; additional tickets above 4 can be purchased at $11 each.
- *Offer #2: All weekend performance tickets will be $4 off the original price
- Offer #3: Get the best Front Row and VIP seats available – We have reserved seats in the Front Row and VIP sections just for you! No discounts available on these seats. Use the code MOM.
*Not valid on Front Row or VIP seats or combined with other offers including opening night offers. Other fees may apply.
The above offers are good in the following cities:
- St. Louis: September 3-6, 2009
- Chicago: September 8-13, 2009
- Sunrise: September 17-20, 2009
- Dayton/Cincinnati: September 17-27, 2009
- Miami: September 23-27, 2009
- Auburn Hills: September 30 – October 4, 2009
- Charlotte: October 8-11, 2009
- Philadelphia: October 14-18, 2009
- Atlanta: October 14-18, 2009
- Oakland/San Jose: October 14-25, 2009
- Fairfax: October 21-25, 2009
- Sacramento: October 28 – November 1, 2009
- Baltimore: October 28 – November 1, 2009
- Uniondale: November 10-15, 2009
- Houston: November 11-15, 2009
- NYC: November 17-22, 2009
- East Rutherford: November 24-29, 2009
- Denver/Broomfield: December 3-13, 2009 *available for purchase on 9/12/09
- St. Paul: December 9-13, 2009
- Los Angeles: December 17-20, 2009
- Toronto: December 18-27, 2009
- Anaheim: December 22-27, 2009
- Philadelphia: December 23 – January 3, 2010 *available for purchase on 10/12/09
- Boston: December 26-29, 2009 *available for purchase on 9/3/09
- Ontario: December 30 – January 3, 2010
- Cleveland: January 8 -18, 2009 *available for presale on 10/2/09
Shows coming this fall & winter:
Disney On Ice presents Celebrations! It’s one colossal party on ice, with all your favorite Disney friends! Enjoy a winter wonderland with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, a Halloween haunt with the Disney Villains, a Very Merry Unbirthday Party, a Royal Ball with the Disney Princesses and more in a magical medley of holidays, celebrations and festivals from around the globe. Come join the party when this spectacular ice show visits your hometown!
Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy: Rev up for non-stop fun with four of your favorite Disney stories at Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy. Thrill to high-speed stunts as Lightning McQueen, Mater and the crew of Disney/Pixar’s CARS race across the ice. Dive into The Little Mermaid’s enchanting undersea kingdom and experience the ‘Circle of Life’ with The Lion King. Then enter the mystical world of Pixie Hollow with Tinker Bell and the Disney Fairies as they reveal the magic that lies within! From wheels to waves, Pride Lands to pixie dust, your family’s favorite Disney moments come to life at Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy with dazzling skating, special effects and beloved characters certain to create a lifetime of memories.
Special Bonus! Come see a Disney princess and a dazzling display of gorgeous gowns at the Disney Princess Pre-Show starting one hour before show time! Complimentary to all ticket holders.
Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic: Join the celebration as 65 of Disney’s unforgettable characters from 18 beloved stories come to life in Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic! You’ll be captivated by the one and only Mickey Mouse, the irresistible Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck, Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio and all the Disney Princesses. Be thrilled by exciting moments from The Lion King; Mulan; and Disney/Pixar’s Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, and Toy Story films; in a skating spectacular filled with magical Disney moments you’ll remember forever as Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic!
Disney On Ice presents Princess Classics: Dreams really do come true! Disney On Ice is proud to bring you a dazzling tale of hope, heart, heroism and hilarity as Disney On Ice presents Princess Classics. This stunning spectacle is an awe-inspiring and fun-filled journey to the magical lands of Disney’s classic fairy tales. Travel to a kingdom under the sea, an enchanted palace in France, an Arabian castle and more! Enter the fantasy worlds of your favorite Disney princesses – Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Mulan and Snow White – as they bring magic to your city in this royal skating extravaganza.
To learn more about Disney On Ice shows touring the country this year and to find shows in your area, visit the Disney On Ice site. And don’t forget to use the special discount code when purchasing tickets online! I just used the website and now know that the Celebrations show is coming to our area in December.
I know that my family will be going, will yours?
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Feld Entertainment. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.