Yet another rainy/lazy kind Sunday here in my world. Thought I would share a fun Meme that my cousin sent me. Thanks M!
Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. Pass it on to 15 people you like (or think will actually do this) and include me. Try not to repeat a song title. It’s harder than you think…
Your Artist: Barenaked Ladies
Are you male or female: I’ll Be That Girl
Describe yourself: Second Best
How do you feel about yourself: Really Don’t Know
Describe where you currently live: Hello City
The first thing you think of when you wake up: Who Needs Sleep?
If you could go anywhere, where would you go: The Old Apartment
Your favorite form of transportation: Roadrunner
Your best friend(s) is/are: Crazy
Your favorite color is: Lilac Girl
What’s the weather like: Hidden Sun
If your life were a TV show, what would it be called: The Humour Of The Situation
What is life to you: One Week
What is the best advice you have to give: Call And Answer
If you could change your name, what would it be: Maybe Katie
Your favorite food is: Vegetable Town
Your soul’s present condition: When You Dream
How would you describe your love life: I Love You; Pinch Me
Please leave a comment with a link to your Meme if you do this. Thanks for sharing in the fun!
1. Did you learn anything new this week? – I learned that often times when companies ask you to watch a program for a survey that it is NOT what you expect. This one was definitely a "trick" for an ad campaign, not for the show. *sigh*
2. Will you wear green on St. Patty’s Day or do you not give a hoot?? – When I was teaching I got into the spirit and would wear a green shirt and put on St. Patty’s Day socks. Not sure what I will do this year.
3. Do you wash clothes throughout the week or only on a specific day? – I do it a few times a week so there is never too much waiting. Used to do it once a week and that was too much, especially in the winter with bulky clothing.
4. What is one of the most popular ‘spams’ you get in your junk email inbox? – Lots of Twitter Spammer follows – Ugh!
5. Are you where you want to be? (you decide the meaning of the question for your answer) - Given the way the world is right now, I really can not complain. I have a house, hubby has a job, the boys are happy and healthy. Eventually I want other things, but they will hopefully come down the line.
6. Do you know how to swim? – Yes, I took swim lessons for years when I was growing up. I was very close to becoming a Life Guard, but had issues with the chlorine and my skin.
7. Do you take trips with your girlfriends? – No, I never have. I was hoping to try for one this summer, especially since I am probably not going to BlogHer.
8. What was your favorite purchase this week? (big or small) – Found a neat new item to take on the airplane for the kids. It is the Aquadoodle – My First Coloring Activity with Sesame Street. Looks really cute for JSL to use to "color" while going to Disney World. Similar to this.
1. Do you and your spouse still celebrate Valentine’s Day? Before kids we used to go out to dinner and get each other a little something. Now we buy cards and save money for other items that we need.
2. When’s the last time you licked a stamp? Probably for my wedding invitations eight years ago.
3. How many clocks are in your home? Let’s see: 2 in bedroom (alarm clock and cable box), 1 in living room (DVR box), 2 in kitchen (stove and microwave) = 5
4. What holiday is closest to your birthday? There are some years that Chanukah is on my birthday. Not counting that it would probably be Thanksgiving.
5. Do you cook anything the same way your mother made it when you were growing up? I wish I could make chicken soup the way my mother does.
6. Do you pay bills online? Yes, love the convenience and not needing stamps.
7. Will you be gathering to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday? No, football is the only sport I have never really been into. I may head to pick JL up at the airport during the game.
8. Have you treated yourself to something this week? No, unless you count the obscene amount of money I spent today to have some ice removed from our roof. The best part, I found out we have major work that needs to be repaired this spring. Fun, fun, fun!
1. Have you ever ridden a horse? .Sure, if you count the horse seen below that JSL is riding:
2. Have you ever run out of gas? No, but I have gotten way too close for comfort when on long trips and waited for another gas station.
3. How many different schools did you attend growing up? 1 elementary school (K-6), 1 middle school (7-8), 1 high school (9-12) and then off to college. Went to first college for 2 1/2 years, left and took a few courses at a community college until I could restart in the fall to become a teacher. I received my undergrad and masters degree at that school.
4. Do you have, and use, a library card? Yes, we use our local library all the time. Growing up I loved going and used to go on outings with my friend there all the time.
5. Hand-wash or dishwasher? Dishwasher – thank goodness!
6. Does your alarm clock beep or play music? Technically the radio goes off, but usually a little boy beats it to the punch!
7. Do you know how to roller skate? It has been way too many years.
8. What would you consider one of your biggest accomplishments? Being married to an amazing man for almost eight years and having two wonderful little boys.
Renee did this the other day and it seemed perfect for a lazy Sunday while taking care of sick kids.
1. Who was your FIRST prom date? — I never went to the prom. Not many of my friends went and it seemed like a lot of money for something I wasn’t too thrilled about attending.
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? — I am married to him, so yes!
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink? — Probably kosher wine of some sort for Shabbat or Passover.
4. What was your FIRST job? — Aside from babysitting and working at my parents baseball card store, I worked as a Pharmacy Technician before starting Pharmacy school.
5. What was your FIRST car? — I had a ’95 Plymouth Neon, it was my little red adventure mobile.
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today? — Nobody, I rarely get texts.
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning? — Both of the boys. Wondered if NHL’s eye was getting worse and if JSL had a fever.
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher? — Mrs. S was my first grade teacher. She also happened to be the wife of the rabbi of the synagogue that we belonged to at the time.
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? — I believe it was to FL with my parents and Uncle J before my brother was born to go to Disney World.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend and are you still friends with them? — My best friend from K-12 in school was Moosekin and yes we are in touch again since she moved back to the area. My neighborhood best friend was Julespearl and we still talk online, but it has been a long time since I have seen her in person.
11. What was your FIRST sport played? — I played softball growing up. For several years I was catcher.
12. Where was your FIRST sleep over? — I believe it was my friend C’s house. She lived a few blocks away from our house (not counting ones to my Aunt S’s and grandparents).
13. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today? — In person JL or JSL. On the phone my mother.
14. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time? — I believe the first wedding I was in was my friend G’s wedding. She was married exactly a year before JL and I.
15. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning? — After waking up with one of the boys numerous times, it would be nursed JSL.
16. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to? — I believe my parents took me to see Barry Manilow when I was still in PreK. That was also the weekend we went to Sesame Place while visiting my aunt and uncle in NJ.
17. FIRST tattoo or piercing? — I had my ears pierced when I was in nursery school (I believe). I remember I had to be bribed to get the second one done after the first one was done.
18. FIRST foreign country you went to? — Canada!
19. What was your FIRST run in with the law? — None.
20. When was your FIRST detention? — Does is count if you are the teacher giving it? Seriously, I never had detention as a student.
21. What was the FIRST state you lived in? — Same one I am living in now!
22. Who was the FIRST person to break your heart? — Nobody really.
23. Who was your FIRST roommate? — My brother, before my parents remodeled their house. We shared a room for a short time. After that it was JL.
24. Where did you go on your FIRST limo ride? — I believe my Papa J’s funeral.
Wanna try? Consider yourself tagged! Please link back to me and leave a comment here when you post so I can see what you write.