swaparooni« Previous Entries
Well, it was actually here over the weekend and my neighbor brought it to us Monday night. All of the boys had a blast helping me to dig into the giant box of goodies that came from Airing Dirty Laundry. It was perfect timing since I felt so lousy and it made me smile opening everything and watching the boys laugh and giggle with each and every item they found inside.
Here are some photos of the boys getting to work.
There were lots of fun notes inside that had JL and I laughing!
These are some of NHL and JSL opening things for me and their own gift too. Yes, my Swaparooni pal was sweet and sent each of the boys (including the 30-something
one) an item.
Rather than bore you with a shot by shot diary of each item being opened here they all are together:
- CD for active babies for JSL
- Eeyore stickers for MOI! (May have to fight a 4 year old about these)
- Winnie the Pooh book about Buoyancy for NHL (we are scientists here so we love this)
- Circle Word Book
- Set of lavender lotions
- Star silicone molds – we are all itching to test these out soon!
- Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows
- A really cute new fabric headband — I LOVE this!
- Gummy sharks – NHL and I had some of these today . . . YUM!
- Local dark chocolate bar for JL
- Gorgeous note card box
- Bag of peach tea
- Rolos that according to my swap buddy have NO point value – LOL!
S did an amazing job selecting goodies for everyone here. Thank you SO much for everything. I sent out her swaparooni package today and it should be there Saturday. Once she has it I will post photos of the items I sent her. Once again another fun swap where I have met a great online friend.
Unfortunately, I never had a chance to post about the new sign up for the October/November Swaparooni before the deadline (it was last night). I finally decided to do this one before the weather is too bad. I had to though since I am the one that suggested these colors.
Here’s what OMSH made for the new swap:
Since I know that Coolbeansmama received her swap from me it is now safe to share photos of the goodies I sent to her.
From left to right: 1) Address labels that I made on my own Handy Dandy computer 2) A cool red notebook 3) M&M magnetic list pad 4) Red M&M note cards 5) Train and ladybug magnets that I put together 6) Apple cider tea 7) Mary Engelbreit note cards 8) Old fashioned animal crackers 9) ladybug stickers 10) Kit-Kat and 100 Grand candy bars and 11) A special scrunchie that I had made on Etsy (by Prissy Princess) with Coolbeansmama’s favorite team and at the top 12) Red Scrub poofs.
Here are some close ups of a few things:
It was so much fun shopping and getting things here and there for Coolbeansmama. Now I can’t wait to make a new friend with the next swap.
Thursday afternoon after a doctor’s appointment for NHL and meeting with his providers JL walked out and found a package on the porch.He quickly brought it inside and announced that my package was here. Sure enough my box of goodies from the Shades of Red Swaparooni had arrived from Coolbeansmama. I was floored since she sent it on Tuesday.
Here’s a photo of my Shades of Red Swap package:
Included in my goodies:
1. Red journal with cool polka dot buckle on it.
2. Red tot stapler – something I completely needed since I am always having issues finding the stapler in the house.
3. Word-Find book to do when I need mindless entertainment. These are my favorite to do when I’m just too tired to read and don’t want to watch tv.
4. Sweedish fish – YUMMY! My faorites and if NHL is nice I may share with him.
5. Hershey dark chocolate bar – something for JL to make him happy.
6. Amazing Rubbermaid organizer. My plan is to put this in the kitchen to hold my supplies to keep them easy to locate and safe from the boys.
7. Bright new pot holders, something that we are always in need of for baking things.
8. Bookmark bling as Coolbeansmama called it. She made these herself and are great for marking the stack of books that are waiting for me to read. (I still need to start reading Twilight ASAP)
Coolbeansmama did a wonderful job selecting items for me. Hopefully her package from moi will arrive soon. Once she gets it I will post photos of the items I sent to her. Thanks again Coolbeansmama for everything!
Thanks to the Flickr Swaparooni group I have met many fabulous ladies in the land of blogging. One in particular is an amazing woman who’s blog is fascinating and her talent has no end. H of Oh My Stinkin Heck connects with her audience. Her touching life stories, honesty and humor make her website an addiction. One one the items that OMSH loves to do is make up songs about her life. She’s done several in recent weeks that all moms can certainly relate to. She has a talent and could be the Weird Al for all Mommy’s. Even JSL stopped what he was doing to listen and dance to her latest song this morning titled These are a few of Life’s Obnoxious Things. Please check it out, it truly is wonderful. Thanks OMSH for all that you do!
In July/August I participated in the Color Me Happy Swaparooni which was the Brown and Blue swap. It was so much fun. I loved shopping for things to get my swap buddy C. It was also great getting to know C and receiving a package of amazing goodies from her for my entire family. Now I sit here wondering what to do about the Shades of Red swap. Should I take a month off and wait to get a part time job now that I am not teaching and am a SAHM? I don’t know what to do. I just know that I need to make a decision soon.
« Previous Entries