The Saga Continues & 37 Week update

Are we there yet? What a week it has been. It’s been quite the emotional roller coaster thanks to the wound saga continuing and things really being bad with my grandfather. My family has been called to his bedside 3-4 times in the last 36 hours thinking that it was the end. We all know it will likely happen in the next few days, if that long.

So to make a long story short I’m tired and cranky from what has happened since I went to the ER. On Monday my mother was really upset that the ER did not culture my wound (FYI – my doctors are also beyond confused with why they didn’t do it as well). Let’s just say it was taken care of and I found out that the medicine I am on does NOT fight the bacteria that is in the wound. It does help the Staph that was likely there, but will do nothing to kill the other. I was hysterical. We paid a fortune to go to the ER and I specifically asked them to culture it 4-5 times. So I called my OB’s office to see what I should do. They told me to get a few more answers from my source and to come in today for my appointment and go from there.

Well after I talked with her I lost it crying hysterically about how I have done everything right — gone to the doctor, went to the ER when told to, take all of the medicine (heck setting my alarm for 3 in the morning so I don’t miss a dose), and on and on. The sick part is I think this was all thanks to razor burn from an electric razor. Unreal! Anyway, I decided last night I was done with this. I had JL call to change some appointments for today and make another one.

JL called my regular doctor and was able to have me seen at 3:30 by the PA there (who is really great and very thorough). He then called the OB’s office to change my 3:00 37 week appointment to 1:30. I left school after spending all day (from 8:15 to 1:15) giving the first part of a state exam. So I went to my first appointment and the NP wanted me to see the OB, who wasn’t going to be in until 3:00. I explained to her that I already had an appointment with my regular doctor/PA since I wanted to see what they had to say about this new development from the culture. This morning the thing was oozing again, which apparently is a good sign of it working out and not spreading in my body. So she agreed that was fine. The baby seems fine, she did a cervix check and everything is closed and nothing going going on at 37 weeks tomorrow. Then she told me to call later today or tomorrow to update. Oh, and she wouldn’t give me a note for work. She said she didn’t know the doctor’s reason and wasn’t comfortable doing it. Once you read below I may have one now – even without the doctor doing it when she comes back next week.

So my mother went with me to the doctor at 3:30. The PA was a little ticked that they didn’t see me from the start, but understood being pregnant that I was freaked with how close it was to the baby. Anyway, he looked at it and didn’t think it looked that horrible now, but is concerned with the history. He went for about 15-20 minutes to investigate therapy. Basically his hands are tied. With my drug allergies and being this pregnant there isn’t anything he can give me that will actually kill this particular bacteria. However, with Clindamycin and Zithromax, it should stop the pest from tracking further and becoming systemic. So, as of today I am on 10 more days of Zithromax and another 7 days of Clindamycin after this 7 and the previous 7. He said to call IF it looks worse and to continue to hot pack it to draw the infection out. At this point they can only try to contain the infection and wait until the baby is born to treat the real issue. So that’s where I am. (Oh and I’m also taking Acidophilus to ward off evil yeasts that will LOVE the constant antibiotic in my body)

So, back to my note. There is NO way I will be able to work with both of these mega antibiotics in my system. Last time I was on them together (almost 3 weeks ago) I was on spring break. The two combined together kicked me in the butt (literally) and made me so tired. No matter what, tomorrow is my last day . . . I just may be unpaid for 3-4 of them before the end of next week. If I’m up to it I told them I may stop by to correct some of the state exams.

So it’s just a waiting game now to see how things go. *yawn*

C’est Moi
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Share on Facebok
Share on Twitter
Share on Pinterest
Share on Google+