Storing food to keep it fresh has taken on new meaning in our house in recent weeks. Thanks to pantry pests that came in with something, we now take everything out of cardboard boxes and plastic bags to put into food storage containers. Some items like chocolate chips are opened, put into Ziploc bags and then stored into larger containers. Other items like barley, that we use a lot, is stored in Ziploc Twist’n Loc containers.
When I was asked by Family Review Network to try out some Ziploc Sandwich Bags and Containers, I immediately signed up. Even before this review our family used Ziploc products. Ziploc is a brand that we trust. We also like that they participate in the Box Tops for Education Program.
Ziploc sent my family a box of Ziploc Sandwich bags. When we purchase sandwich bags, we buy these. They zip up, stay sealed and hold the contents inside well. When we travel everything and anything that can fit in a Ziploc bag is game for one. In addition to this, we have some extras in our diaper bag. They come in quite handy to store wet toddler clothing. Another secret, I love to put dirty diapers in them when visiting friends/family. You know something is sealed well when you can not smell what is hidden inside the Ziploc bag. It is a much more friendly way to get rid of diaper when visiting people. Of course, with a son in first grade we use Ziploc bags to store craft items, school supplies and more.
We also received a package of the Ziploc Twist’n Loc Fresh Shield containers. Although they have a new package, we have been using these for a while already. Something I noticed immediately was the big bold "BPA Free" on the front. When you go to the back of the package it states the following:
- Ziploc brand containers is committed to toughness and sealing performance without compromising safety
- Ziploc brand containers is proud to have always been BPA free
- Microwave and reuse Ziploc containers without worry
This is huge for our family. We have gotten rid of items that contain BPA in them and now know these are safe.
As I mentioned, we have been using the Twist’n Loc containers for quite some time. Here are a few of the ways:
- Freeze fresh made strawberry preserves that still tastes fabulous after being thawed
- Store fresh veggies that remain crisp since air is blocked out
- Carry soup and other foods without spills to work for TechyDad to reheat
- Keep leftovers fresh and smells inside the container and not in the refrigerator
- Son takes grapes, yogurt, crackers and more to school with no mess or worry if lost in transit
- Store craft items like beads, google eyes and yarn scaps
I may also buy some of them to have the boys decorate to use as holiday gifts this year. They would be perfect to store baked goods in for gift giving.
Thanks to Ziploc, one lucky reader will be able to have a box of the Ziploc Sandwich Bags and Twist’n Loc Containers sent to you.
Rules for Giveaway:
- MAIN RULE – Answer the following question: What will you use the Twist’n Loc containers to store/hold?
- 1 Bonus Entry – Follow me on Twitter @TheAngelForever and Tweet about the giveaway. Be sure to include @TheAngelForever and Ziploc in the Tweet. Please leave a direct link to your Tweet in a separate comment for each daily entry. Example Tweet (feel free to use): Chance to win some Ziploc products from @TheAngelForever http://bit.ly/uMYEo
- 1 Bonus Entry – Head over to the Ziploc website and let me know one other item that you would like to try.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Look around my blog and leave me a comment on another post. Please let me know which post you went to here so you get the bonus entry.
- 3 Bonus Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog about the Ziploc giveaway. Be sure to leave 3 comments about this to get credit for all of your extra entries
To enter, please follow the rules above within the comment section. Contest starts today October 4th and ends at 10:59 EST on October 12, 2009. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but must leave a valid e-mail address for me to contact you for mailing address once the giveaway is over. I will select the winner using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If there is no response, another winner will be selected. Open to U.S. residents only (will check on that with the sponsor).
Disclosure: This post was written as part of a program for Family Review Network and SC Johnson, who provided the item for review.