Thick, wavy/culy, and very frizzy hair is what I have to deal with on a daily basis. I am always in search of new products that will assist me in battling my nemesis. Thanks to this, when Family Review Network offered an opportunity to try some hair care products from Aveeno, I jumped at the chance. We have bought a lot of other Aveeno products in our house, but I had never tried them for my hair.
I received the following items to try with my hair:
These are the Nourish + Volumize shampoo and conditioner, along with the Nourish + Style Smoothing Shine Crème from the Aveeno Active Naturals line. Since I have frizzy hair, I requiest to try out the creme, but the selection of shampoo and conditioner was randomly sent to me.
More about Aveeno’s partnership with Patrick Melville:
Aveeno has recently paired up with celebrity hairstylist Patrick Melville.
Melville has worked with countless A-list celebrities (including Ashley Judd, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Demi Moore, and Eva Longoria), and has in-depth styling experience. He now teams up with Aveeno to use his wealth of knowledge for all things hair care related.
Melville has used his expertise to give some tips to use that will help people with common hair troubles during this season:
- Get ready for this season’s festivities by going with a look that can be worn from the office to the office party. Keep it sleek and simple with an up-do in the morning and be sure to take any accessories, pins, or hair ties you need to re-primp and jazz it up at the office. Remember less is more: adding a simple headband or jeweled-piece provides that extra layer for a perfect evening look.
- Always prep your hairstyle with a proper wash. Remember to comb any tangles out before you wet it and use warm water to open the cuticles of the hair and to wash all the oil and dirt off. Then, you only need a dollop of shampoo to rub your hands together and apply to your scalp. Take note that you should put the shampoo on your scalp and not at the ends of your hair. Rinse your hair with cold water afterwards to close the cuticles and add to the shine of your hair. Whether you are looking for a smooth, wavy or curly style, I recommend using AVEENO® NOURISH+ Shampoos and Conditioners to keep your hair naturally beautiful for any occasion.
- To flatten frizz on the go, dampen your hands with a finishing spray or smoothing agent like the AVEENO® NOURISH+ STYLE Shine Crème. Run hands through your hair, and then loosely pull your hair back into a bun. Wait 15 minutes and take your strands down for flawless, shiny hair in minutes.
- When you’re strapped for time do the T-zone blow-dry: dry down your part and around your hairline only. Not only will you look finished, but your hair will thank you. For best results with lasting hold all day long, use the AVEENO® NOURISH+ VOLUMIZE Shampoo and Conditioner in addition to the NOURISH+ STYLE Volumizing Foam – this combo will give you great volume and hold your style for 12 hours.
- Many people make styling curly hair harder than it needs to be. Classic curls are in this season, so if you have them, rock them! To define and pump up those curls, use a conditioning leave-in treatment with a curl-defining spray to add softness and de-frizz those curls. I love to use the AVEENO® NOURISH+ STYLE Curl-Defining Spray Gel on my clients.
- Think about giving the gift of beauty for the Holidays. Not only is it practical, but there’s no better gift than that of pampering someone you love. I recommend a gift certificate with at least one product to round it out, like: The Patrick Melville Salon Signature Blow Out with the AVEENO® NOURISH+ STYLE Shine Crème. It provides nourishment needed to keep hair healthy looking and manageable after the salon.
What I Thought:
When I went to use the Aveeno shampoo and conditioner the first thing I noteiced was the scent. It was not intense, did not make me sneeze, and was quite nice. Too many times I can not use hair care products because of the smells. WHen I was washing my hair, it was very easy to lather the shampoo, and the conditioner was thick and felt very smooth when I put it into my hair. I have to admit, I was a bit worried. As a frizzy haired person with very thick hair, I would not have selected the volumizing line. I probably would have grabbed the Nourish + Moisturize one since my hair is very dry year round. When my hair was washed, I loved how easy it was to style. I had no snarls and it felt so smooth.
Next up, I put in the Smoothing Shine Creme that is supposed to help with the frizzy issues I battle. I have to admit, I am not entirely sure how this worked. Thanks to wind, snow storms,hat, and scarves my hair was pretty abused during this time. I really am intrigued to see how it will do in the hot and humid weather that will be back here before we know it. Even with the extreme weather, I will say that my hair was extremely soft and seemed less frizzy in general.
Once again, another Aveeno line of products that I like and will definitely consider buying more of in the future.
Disclosure: This post was written for Family Review Network & Aveeno who provided the complimentary product in exchange for my honest reviwew. No other compensation was given and all opinions are 100% mine.
I love the Aveeno line, but haven’t tried their shampoos yet. I bet the Nourish & Volumize line would be perfect for my daughter who is experimenting with letting her hair go curly so that it can recover from excessive use of the hair straightener.
Sandra Foyt´s last blog post ..Snow Ice Cream