I have always dreamed about scrap booking and used to make photo albums for our family. Then reality got in the way and I stopped. I would always be jealous of people that had made beautiful memory books for their children. In September, TechyDad and I spotted a really great deal for a Shutterfly Photobook. It was an 8×8 with 20 pages and you could design it with your own photos and text on the pages.
Late one night, we sat up and pulled photos together to make the books. Our plan was to give them to the boys for a night of Chanukah. The kids love looking at photos and this was going to be a book about our spring trip to Walt Disney World. When the books arrived, I have to admit we almost gave them to the boys. All these weeks later, the books are wrapped and ready to give to the kids. They will be an early Chanukah present left for them when we are away at the New Fantasyland event.
Now that we have made the books and seen what they look like in person, I can not wait to make more. They will make great holiday presents to share family events, trips, and other items. They can be about birthdays, weddings, and anything else you imagine. The books are the perfect size for grandparent brag books and to take away with you to share on new adventures. I also think they would make a fun present to a teacher to remember the school year and celebrations.
Thanks to a Global Influence campaign with Shutterfly, two readers (US or Canada)will be able to make their own twenty page 8×8 Photobook to gift. Please note that shipping is not included, you will receive a code to make the book and have to pay for this on your own.
Check out this video below and then head to the giveaway information.
Rules for Giveaway:
- MAIN RULE – Watch the Shutterfly Photo Books: The Best Gift Ever video and comment on what scene in the video reminds you of a memory in your own life.
The following Bonus Entries may also be done. Please be sure to leave separate comments for each that you complete below to make sure you get the right number of entries.
- 2 bonus entries (leave a comment for each one) – Visit the Shutterfly Photobook page on their website (here) and let me know which is your favorite “style” and who you would make the book for. There are nine different categories in the styles, so have fun browsing.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Tweet the following about the giveaway: #Giveaway for 20 page 8×8 @Shutterfly Photobooks from @TheAngelForever to celebrate the holidays http://bit.ly/VjoIvv #win #SFLYPhotobook (May be done once a day – leave link to Tweet in comment below for new entry)
- 1 Bonus Entry – Follow TheAngelForever and Shutterfly on Twitter and leave a comment with your Twitter name below.
- Please follow the rules above within the comment section. Giveaway begins December 2, 2012 and ends December 15, 2012 at 10:59 EST. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but must leave a valid e-mail address for me to contact you once the giveaway is over. I will select the winner using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If there is no response, another winner will be selected. Open to US and Canadian residents only – remember shipping is NOT included with this prize.
Disclosure: I wrote this post as part of a Global Influence campaign. As noted, we had already purchased several of their products before, and the opinion expressed is 100% my own. I will be receiving a promo code from Shutterfly to thank me for my time and make another one of their Photobooks.
I remember always cooking with my grandmother (always doing the easy stuff at least) and then decorating the cookies!
Following both on twitter @ninjabunyz1
PS Thanks for the giveaway!
I made one of the books when they had a free promotion also. I did the first year of my God daughters life and everyone loved it. I make my mother in law some kind of photo gift every year so this would be great.
This whole video reminds me of my relationship with my grandma. And how hard it was when we moved away. Even as an adult.
I love the Shutterfly photo books. I made one with photos from our trip to Disney Social Media Moms and just couldn’t be happier with the quality.
I love the baking cookies scene. I have such great memories of baking with my grandmother and continue with my own children.
Elle´s last blog post ..Crabmeat Stuffed Tomatoes
I already follow @Shutterfly and @TheAngelForever on Twitter
Elle´s last blog post ..Crabmeat Stuffed Tomatoes
Before my grandmother passed, we spent A LOT of time in the kitchen together!
I make one of these every year for the kids. I usually get a pretty basic design, like a yellow or green from the Everyday – Patterns & Textures style.
I would make this for me and then make copies for my parents and in-laws during the year.
I tweeted: https://twitter.com/liznelson21502/status/278566139402002434
I follow both on twitter – liznelson21502
Congratulations to #11 – Liz and #7 Elle who were randomly selected. Your information has been forwarded to the sponsor. Enjoy making your book this holiday season :)
[…] new photos that he will cherish. Of course, I could also sit down with the boys and make him a new personalized photobook filled with memories (we have made Shutterfly books for the boys […]