Since I had my oldest son, over six years ago, I can count the number of times I have seen a movie in the theater on one hand. Sad to say, but very true. At first it was trying to find time to go with a newborn, then it was what to see with a child and quickly after that can we afford to go with the skyrocketing price of admission?
Imagine buying some of your favorite cereals and being able to submit codes to get free tickets to see a movie. The great news is that this is a reality. There is a current promotion from General Mills called e-movie cash.
When I was contacted about this promotion, it was news to me. We buy a lot of the participating cereal, but I had not seen the boxes in our stores yet. I was sent a "Movie Moment" prize pack that included 4 e-movie cash certificates ($12 each) and one free coupon for a free General Mills Cereal.
As soon as our tickets arrived, my husband and I started to think. Should we see what family movies are coming out and try to take both of the boys? Or, should we do two date nights to the movies for the two of us? We still have not decided, but are working on that now that several new movies that look interesting are coming out.
Details about the e-movie cash promotion:
Starting in November, you can receive a free movie ticket when you purchase two specially marked packages of General Mills’ Cereals. After purchasing two cereals, visit generalmills.com/moviecash to enter the code found inside each box of cereal and print your free movie certificate good for admission to any movie.
Participating brands include select sizes of: Honey Nut Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms, Trix and Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs.
To find a participating theater near you, log onto http://emoviecash.com/dis_locator/.
I know that we will be buying more of the participating cereals (love Honey Nut Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch in our house) and log the code from the specially marked boxes to obtain some additional e-movie cash for our family. At this time every little bit helps, especially when you can use something you already buy to score some nice family entertainment for free.
Thanks to MyBlogSpark and General Mills, one lucky reader will win their very own "Movie Moment" prize pack. Remember, this includes 4 e-movie cash certificates ($12 each) and one free coupon for a General Mills cereal.
Rules for Giveaway:
- MAIN RULE – Answer the following question: What was the first movie that you or your child saw in a movie theater?
- 1 Bonus Entry – Follow me on Twitter @TheAngelForever and Tweet about the giveaway. Be sure to include @TheAngelForever and General Mills "Movie Moment" prize pack in the Tweet. Please leave a direct link to your Tweet in a separate comment for each daily entry. Example Tweet (feel free to use): Would you like to go to the movies free? Enter for a chance to win a "Movie Moment" prize pack from @TheAngelForever http://bit.ly/1WVIJ2
- 1 Bonus Entry – What is your favorite General Mills cereal?
- 1 Bonus Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Who will you take to the movie and what would you like to see?
- 1 Bonus Entry – Leave a comment on any of my non-giveaway posts from the month of November. Be sure to leave a comment here to let me know which one.
- 3 Bonus Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog about the General Mills "Movie Moment" prize pack giveaway. Be sure to leave 3 comments about this to get credit for all of your extra entries
To enter, please follow the rules above within the comment section. Contest starts today November 16th and ends at 10:59 EST on December 3, 2009. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but must leave a valid e-mail address for me to contact you for mailing address once the giveaway is over. I will select the winner using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If there is no response, another winner will be selected. Open to U.S. residents only.
Disclosure: I received the "Movie Moment" prize pack from MyBlogSpark and General Mills as a thank you for sharing this information with my readers. No other compensations was given. The opinions expressed in the review are my own feelings about the promotion.