Both of my boys have become picky eaters. Still, one of the items that they both enjoy is yogurt. We love this because yogurt is a great source of protein and calcium. When I took the little guy for his two year well visit in May, our doctor cautioned me about a lot of yogurts having too much sugar in them. Thanks to that, we started to pay much more attention to labels.
A few months after this, I was asked by My Blog Spark and Yoplait to have my kids try Yoplait Kids which has 25% less sugar than the average leading kids’ yogurts. I immediately said yes because both of the boys had seen these in the store and begged me to try them. Hello, they have Dora, Blues Clues, Diego and the Backyardigans on them!
I was sent a coupon to select one of the Yoplait Kids products to try along with the same prize package that is being given away (see below). One day, when everyone was healthy we all went to the grocery store together. I asked NHL, my six year old, to go with me to select one of the Yoplait Kids items to try. First, we agreed to do the drinkable ones. We figured that, if they went to school with him, this was much less messy and easy to manage. Next, it was time to figure out a flavor. This is important stuff to a six year old. The options were:
- Strawberry (Dora)
- Banana (Backyardigans)
- Mixed-Berry (Diego)
- Strawberry Banana (Blues Clues)
NHL selected his based on flavor, not character, which surprised me some. His pick was:
On Halloween, we opened up the package for both of the boys to try. JSL had not been eating much recently (thanks to a febrile seizure two days earlier). He was not thrilled with the prospect of yogurt….until his little eyes saw Blues Clues. NHL, was ready to go the minute he heard yogurt and knew it was the ones we had bought earlier. He quickly finished his yogurt and asked for another.
Meanwhile, the little guy was thrilled to have a straw to help in his plan of attack for the Blues Clues yogurt. When we tried to remove him from the kitchen to drink it, he refused. He stayed put and wanted to drink it there.
Although JSL likes yogurt, he will often start eating/drinking one and then stop. So much food is wasted this way. I am happy to report that this did not happen with the Yoplait Kids yogurt. This yogurt was the perfect portion for a little guy and easy for his smaller hands to handle. Here is a closer view. We had to help him some because he was getting tired before nap time.
The verdict: The boys really like the yogurt. They both drink it up and never leave anything that ends up being tossed. NHL has taken it in his lunch box to school several times. Just this morning, he asked for another one to go – definitely a plus with him since he does not like much that is easy to transport to school. We will definitely continue to have the Yoplait Kids yogurt in our yogurt buying repertoire.
Two lucky winners will each receive their own "Yoplait Less Sugar, More Fun" prize pack. The prize includes a coupon for a Yoplait Kids yogurt of your choice, a travel cooler, a fun spoon that changes colors in warm water, a reusable place mat with games to keep the kids happy while snacking, and a fuzzy tangle for some after-snack fun. Please note: This coupon offer for a free six pack of Yoplait kids yogurt is not valid in some states including Idaho, Lousiana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota and Tennessee.
Rules for Giveaway:
- MAIN RULE – Answer the following question: How do you make snack time fun for your children?
- 1 Bonus Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Follow me on Twitter @TheAngelForever
- 1 Bonus Entry per day – Tweet about the giveaway. Be sure to include @TheAngelForever and Yoplait Kids yogurt in the Tweet. Please leave a direct link to your Tweet in a separate comment for each daily entry. Example Tweet (feel free to use): Chance to win from @TheAngelForever "Yoplait Less Sugar, More Fun" prize packs. Two winners (ends 11/15) http://bit.ly/1UnMG2
- 1 Bonus Entry – Which type of Yoplait Kids would be purchased for your kids and why?
- 1 Bonus Entry – Add TheAngelForever to your blog roll and leave a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Look around my blog and leave me a comment on another post. Please let me know which post you went to here so you get the bonus entry.
- 3 Bonus Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog about the Yoplait Kids yogurt. Be sure to leave 3 comments about this to get credit for all of your extra entries.
To enter, please follow the rules above within the comment section. Contest starts today November 5, 2009 and ends at 10:59 EST on November 15, 2009. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but must leave a valid e-mail address for me to contact you for mailing address once the giveaway is over. I will select the two winners using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If there is no response, another winner will be selected. Open to U.S. residents only because the coupons are not valid outside of the United States (also note the state restrictions listed above)
Disclosure: This review and giveaway was made possible by My Blog Spark and Yoplait. They provided me with the gift pack and coupon to purchase a package of Yoplait Kids yogurt. The opinions of this review were mine and I received no other compensation.