As a forever child of Disney, I have always bought their soundtracks. If you look in my collection, you will see cassette tapes and CDs for Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King and many, many more. These days I buy them to share with my children. When I was asked if I would participate in a review and giveaway for the newly released soundtrack for The Princess & the Frog I jumped right at the opportunity.
Information about The Princess & The Frog Soundtrack (from Walt Disney Records):
Walt Disney Animation Studios presents the musical THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG, an animated comedy set in the great city of New Orleans. From the creators of "The Little Mermaid" and "Aladdin" comes a modern twist on a classic tale, featuring a beautiful girl named Tiana, a frog prince who desperately wants to be human again, and a fateful kiss that leads them both on a hilarious adventure through the mystical bayous of Louisiana.
The collection of magical songs from this amazing soundtrack features Anika Noni Rose(Dreamgirls), Ne-Yo(R&B music star) and Academy Award® winning composer Randy Newman. Set in the great city of New Orleans, the sounds of Jazz, Zydeco, Blues, Gospel and more are all present for an unforgettable musical experience the entire family will enjoy!
To hear some of the songs, head over here to the Walt Disney Records website.
What we think:
The minute the boys saw I had a package, they came running. When I opened it up and they could see it was a new Disney CD they wanted me to play it immediately. Although we have not had a chance to see The Princess & the Frog, both are familiar with it. Thanks to the Disney Very Merry Christmas parade that was televised, both of the boys have watched Princess Tiana and heard several of the songs from the play list.
I turned the CD on for us to listen. Both of the boys started to dance and parade around. They really enjoyed the upbeat songs like Down in New Orleans and When We’re Human. It was like I had my own little Mardis Gras Parade in my living room. NHL (6) liked the music and asked to see the movie. We will definitely be doing this and it is likely going to be the first time JSL (2) sees a movie in the theater.
What I really enjoyed was the genuine jazz feel of the soundtrack. It seemed like I was picked up and placed in New Orleans listening to musicians playing their songs. Something else caught my ear. There was something familiar with the beats, sound. When I read the CD case I quickly saw why. All of the songs and score in The Princess and the Frog soundtrack is composed and conducted by Randy Newman. For some reason I just heard a little that reminded me of Toy Story. The song that strikes me as becoming a huge hit is Never Knew I Needed. Talk about a powerful song with a lesson behind it. This will definitely be a Disney Princess song to remember.
Thanks to the soundtrack, we are even more excited about seeing this movie and it will be listened to along with all of our other Disney music in our collection.
Thanks to Walt Disney Records, one lucky reader will be able to win their very own copy of The Princess and the Frog soundtrack.
Rules for Giveaway:
- MAIN RULE – Who is your favorite Disney Princess and why?
- 1 Bonus Entry – What is your favorite Disney soundtrack that you have heard before?
- 1 Bonus Entry – Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter. Be sure to include @TheAngelForever and The Princess and the Frog sountrack Giveaway in the Tweet. Please leave a direct link to your Tweet in a separate comment for each daily entry. Example Tweet (feel free to use): Chance to win a copy of the Princess and the Frog Soundtrack from @TheAngelForever http://bit.ly/aaCEWa
- 1 Bonus Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Leave a comment on any of my non-giveaway posts from the month of January/February. Be sure to leave a comment here to let me know which one. This Bonus entry may be done only twice per person.
- 3 Bonus Entries – Add my blog button to your website and leave a link with the location. Be sure to give yourself 3 comments for credit.
- 5 Bonus Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog about the Exederm giveaway. Be sure to leave 5 comments about this to get credit for all of your extra entries
To enter, please follow the rules above within the comment section. Contest starts today, February 4th, and ends at 10:59 EST on February 18, 2010. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but must leave a valid e-mail address for me to contact you for mailing address once the giveaway is over. I will select the winner using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If there is no response, another winner will be selected. Open to U.S. residents only.
Disclosure: I received the CD complimentary of Walt Disney Records to facilitate this review as part of a program with The Family Review Network. No other compensations was given. The opinions expressed in the review are my own feelings about the product that our family tried.