Summer time and ice cream just go together. Of course, the calories and fat associated with most ice cream treats means that a lot of us do not splurge very often. When I was asked by Mom Central to participate in a Review/Giveaway for the new Breyers Smooth & Dreamy products, I jumped at the chance. I had seen these in a magazine and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches really caught my eye.
There are six varieties of the Breyers Smooth & Dreamy available. They include Chocolate Caramel Brownie, Vanilla Caramel Chip, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Covered Strawberry, Vanilla Fudge Brownie, and Triple Chocolate Chip. As seen above, three of the varieties are bars and three are ice cream sandwiches. They contain no artificial flavors or colors, have 160 calories or less and 4-6g of fat per serving.
Since we only had room for one book in our freezer, we picked up the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough variety. I am a big critic for all things related to ice cream with cookie dough. Here is a closer look of what we found inside:
Yes, those are good sized chunks of cookie dough in these ice cream sandwich treats. Of course, the boys had to join in the taste testing. As you will see, they were very much involved in the process and did not want to be interrupted.
Overall, we really enjoyed the box of Breyers Smooth & Dreamy ice cream treats that we tried. TechyDad has already requested which type to try next (he was scoping them out at the grocery store on several occasions). I really liked the cookie dough flavor throughout the ice cream sandwich. There were nice chunks of cookie dough throughout the sandwich, so it was there from the first bite to the last. The boys and I also really enjoyed the cookie part of the sandwich since it was not too crispy (we like more soft cookies). To say that we would purchase more of these and try others would be an understatement. As I said, the boys already have the next box planned out!
Thanks to Mom Central and Breyers, FOUR lucky readers will win a coupon for a box of Smooth & Dreamy treats of your own.
Rules for Giveaway:
- MAIN RULE – Answer the following question: Which of the Breyers Smooth & Dreamy would you purchase with your coupon and why?
The following Bonus Entries may also be done. Please be sure to leave separate comments for each that you complete below to make sure you get the right number of entries.
- 1 Bonus Entry – What is your favorite type of ice cream? If you can not pick just one, tell me your top few flavors of all time.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter. Be sure to include @TheAngelForever and Breyers Smooth & Dreamy Giveaway in the Tweet. Please leave a direct link to your Tweet in a separate comment for each daily entry. Example Tweet (feel free to use): Stop by for your chance to #win some ice cream. Breyers Smooth & Dreamy #giveaway from @TheAngelForever http://bit.ly/dA60P5
- 1 Bonus Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Leave a comment on any of my non-giveaway posts from the month of June/July. Be sure to leave a comment here to let me know which one. This Bonus entry may be done only twice per person.
- 3 Bonus Entries – Add my blog button to your website and leave a link with the location. Be sure to give yourself 3 comments for credit.
- 5 Bonus Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog about the giveaway. Be sure to leave 5 comments about this to get credit for all of your extra entries.
To enter, please follow the rules above within the comment section. Contest starts today July 26 and ends at 10:59 EST on August 9, 2010. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but must leave a valid e-mail address for me to contact you for mailing address once the giveaway is over. I will select the winner using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If there is no response, another winner will be selected. Open to U.S. residents only.
Disclosure: This review and giveaway was made possible while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Breyers. They provided me with the coupons to purchase the product to facilitate my candid review. The opinions of this review are 100% mine and I will be purchasing more of these products with my own money for my family to enjoy. Mom Central will be sending me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.