I will admit it, my boys lived in bibs for much of their first year. Whether we were combating spit up, drool from teething, or eating their first solid food a bib was a must. JSL is almost two now and bibs are still much needed accessories for meal and snack time. I do not know about you, but most toddlers are very messy eater. As they learn to self feed, clean up often becomes a hassle.
The first thing I noticed about DaBib is the collar. The collar is made of a soft material that scrunches up at the neck. A big problem we have with JSL is food going down the neck of his bib. This patented feature stopped that from happening as he ate. Then I realized that the crumb catcher was not permanently on the front of the bib. For kids that do not need it, the catcher is located on the back of the bib when not being used. If you need it, you simply unfold it forward and the wide mouth of the crumb-catcher is ready to go. As I was putting the bib onto JSL for the first time I was impressed with the large adjustable velcro strip. This bib would definitely fit not only my almost two year old, but a teeny tiny infant and also a child older than JSL.
JSL liked the bib. He did not complain about putting it on and the real test was that he did not try to yank it right off. The nice feel of the soft material kept him happy (me too). JSL was not a fan of the crumb catcher while sitting in his high chair. As you can see in the photo below, he asked us to tuck it in. Clearly if we were dining out and he was in a restaurant chair without a sliding tray, the crumb-catcher would be a wonderful asset.
When JSL was a baby, I would hate bibs that were not thick and absorbant. I so wish I had DaBibs when he was smaller. We used to go through so many bibs and outfits a day thanks to the thin nature of most baby bibs. I would definitely recommend DaBibs to people with or expecting little ones and will purchase them as part of future baby gifts.
Important Facts about DaBib:
- All of DaBib are shrink-resistant and machine washable
- Have the patented "Scrunch Collar" that helps to minimize leakage of food and drinks onto the children and their clothing
- Crumb-Catcher found on the back of the bib and automatically pouches when folded forward to catch food and liquids
- Front closure on DaBib has an adjustable strip that allows it to fit infants to toddlers
- Waterproof bib backing and micro-fiber terrycloth front make it highly absorbant and easy to clean
- DaBib is extra-long and wide to cover children from shoulder-to shoulder
- Non-toxic, lead-free – meets and exceeds the new US requirements
DaBib is available in two styles. DaHugs (which we received) is made with a super-absorbant micro-fiber Terry front and waterproof back. It is great for the first year when absorbancy is the key.
DaGiggles is a wipe-off, waterproof style. This bib is comfortable and a great option to replace plastic and rubber bibs when your child is eating solid food.
DaBibs are currently available to purchase for $12.99 on their website. If you buy three or more shipping is free. Soon DaBibs will also be available at Babies R Us.
A Chance for you to win!
Thanks to DaBib, 1 lucky winner (US and Canada only) will have a chance to win their own DaBib.
Rules for Giveaway:
- MAIN RULE – Visit the DaBib website and then come back and leave a comment telling me which DaBib (color as well) you would select and who it is for.
- 1-2 Bonus Entries – View one or both of the DaBib videos Vitto Gottabone or DaBaby, DaDoll & DaBib Via e-mail to the_angel_forever at yahoo dot com answer the following question for Vitto Gottabone: What is the name of the little girl in the video? For the video DaBaby, DaDoll & DaBib: What is DaBaby sharing with DaDoll. Leave a comment for each e-mail response that you send me.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1-2 Bonus Entries – Stumble this post and/or my main blog page and leave your Stumble name in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Follow me on Twitter @TheAngelForever and tweet about the giveaway. Be sure to include @TheAngelForever and DaBibs in the Tweet. Please leave a direct link to your Tweet in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Add TheAngelForever to your blog roll and leave a separate comment.
- 3 Bonus Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog about the DaBib giveaway. Be sure to leave 3 comments about this to get credit for all of your extra credit.
To enter, just follow the rules above within the comment section. Be sure that I have an e-mail address that I can contact you for a mailing address once the giveaway is over. All entries must be received by 10:59pm EST on April 5, 2009. I will pick the winner using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If no response, another winner will be selected.