Raise your hand if you have enough fiber in your diet. . . . do you?
I think TechyDad and I can safely say that we do really well with this. Thanks to previous weight loss regimens, we know how important fiber rich foods are daily. Not only are they good for your digestive system, but they also keep you feeling full long. Sadly, there are days that I know the boys do not get enough fiber. Sure we buy whole wheat/grain breads that have a lot of fiber in them, but that is just not enough for the kids.
My six year old will eat veggies that get him a little bit closer to the correct amount of fiber on some days. JSL is a very stubborn two year old. If it is green, or looks like a vegetable, chances are he will not touch it or let it pass his lips. It is a constant battle that has caused us to get creative with meals. TechyDad has done a series on his blog about some of the items we have tried (Cooking with TechyDad Sneaky Weeky).
The little guy definitely suffers at times from the lack of fiber in his diet. Let’s just say he can get plugged up and he is not a happy camper when this happens. About a year ago, my mother saw a product in a magazine and asked me if I should look for it to help JSL. It was Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies. I searched and finally found them at our local Target. We bought them and when I knew JSL needed them he would get a penguin and they would work their magic on what ailed him.
We also packed them with us when we went to Disney World in May. We have noticed that JSL does not like to do his "business" of sorts when we travel. Going away for a week, we knew he would be a miserable mess after a few days. We packed our Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies and they kept JSL regular and smiling the entire trip.
Recently, I was contacted by one of my PR contacts and asked if I would have my boys try the Fiber Gummies. I told her that we already used them and had been meaning to blog about how they helped our family. I was sent a complimentary bottle of them and told I could also run a giveaway for my readers.
Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies facts:
Introduced in 2009, Pedia-Lax® Fiber Gummies, are a daily fiber supplement made for kids by Fleet. These days, many kids lack the proper amount of fiber in their diets. Today’s guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends 25 grams of fiber per day for four year old children. Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies are a daily supplement to help kids ages 2-11 maintain better digestive health and stay regular. The penguin-shaped Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies are sugar-free, calorie free, gluten-free and made with natural fruit flavors. A recommended serving is three gummies every day. The following chart shows what this supplement would be equivalent to:
is $7.99 for a bottle of 60 gummies; available at Target and Walgreens, also online and other supermarkets and retailers nationwide.
Both of the boys love the Fiber Gummies. My 6 year old is actually jealous that his little brother gets them more often. JSL has learned to ask for them if he has a difficult time doing his business. As stated above, we have been using them for almost a year already and have had great success using them to help little digestive system.
As a parent, I love that the Fiber Gummies are sugar free and approved by dentists. I know that while broccoli and other fiber rich foods are best, that I have a safe alternative to help my boys get the needed fiber in their diets.
Thanks to Fleet, one lucky reader will be able to win a bottle of their own Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies. This is perfect time for this giveaway since January is National Fiber Focus Month.
Rules for Giveaway:
- MAIN RULE – Answer the following questions: What fiber rich food does your child like? What fiber rich food is a no-go with your child?
- 1 Bonus Entry – Head over to the Pedia-Lax website and tell me something that you learned/liked while visiting.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter. Be sure to include @TheAngelForever and Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies Giveaway in the Tweet. Please leave a direct link to your Tweet in a separate comment for each daily entry. Example Tweet (feel free to use): Focus on Family Fiber in January and get a chance to win a bottle of Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies from @TheAngelForever http://bit.ly/6dP35b
- 1 Bonus Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Leave a comment on any of my non-giveaway posts from the month of December/January. Be sure to leave a comment here to let me know which one. This Bonus entry may be done only twice per person.
- 3 Bonus Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog about the Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies giveaway. Be sure to leave 3 comments about this to get credit for all of your extra entries
To enter, please follow the rules above within the comment section. Contest starts today, January 10th, and ends at 10:59 EST on January 18, 2010. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but must leave a valid e-mail address for me to contact you for mailing address once the giveaway is over. I will select the winner using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If there is no response, another winner will be selected. Open to U.S. residents only.
Disclosure: I received a package of Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies complimentary of Fleet to facilitate this review. As previously mentioned, we had already purchased many on our own prior to this review. No other compensations was given. The opinions expressed in the review are my own feelings about the product that our family tried/uses.