Let’s face it, there are countless soaps and body washes that are marketed for women. Meanwhile, men are often forced to use generic products or the ones that their wife/girlfriend/significant other purchase. Dove has now put out a product line to help men and their unique skin needs. When I was asked by Family Review Network to see if my husband would try and review the Dove Men + Care products, he agreed. If you watched the Super Bowl you may remember this hilarious commercial for the product:
About Dove Men + Care:
What is Dove® MEN+CARE?
Dove introduces, MEN+CARE, the brand’s first-ever product line created specifically for men. The new products are designed for men who have a reached a point in their lives where they are comfortable with themselves, but not in their skin. Many men put up with cleansing products that are harsh and drying, without realizing these products leave their skin feeling dry, irritated and uncomfortable. Men even blame their socks for their skin irritation when it is really the drying effect of regular cleansers!
Total Skin Comfort
Dove developed MEN+CARE so men can literally be comfortable in their skin. Built on the Dove brand’s heritage in cleansing, moisturizing and care, the new MEN+CARE products offer great cleansing combined with Dove moisturizers to provide total skin comfort. Dove MEN+CARE is dermatologist recommended and clinically proven to fight skin dryness without irritation or tightness.
- Body and Face Wash with Micromoisture – 13.5 fl oz/SRP $4.99 – Available in three varieties: Clean Comfort, Extra Fresh, and Deep Clean
- Body and Face Bars – 2 bars/SRP $3.19 – Available in Extra Fresh and Deep Clean
- Active Clean Shower Tool $3.99
To help and get the word out about the new line of Dove products for men, Dove is having a contest. You could win the man in your life a manly backyard makeover. All you have to do is share your story of that unsung moment when you knew your man was comfortable with his own skin. To learn more about the contest head here for details.
Thoughts from TechyDad:
Body Wash – I’ll admit, I was hesitant with this. As a general rule, I hate. They tend to leave a residue and I feel like they’re not washing off. The Dove Body Wash, however, seemed to wash off nicely without me feeling like I was still soapy after the suds were washed off. I like that it didn’t seem to have an overpowering smell too. Since B is sensitive to perfumes, we buy mostly unscented products.Years of doing this has left me noticing whenever a product has a fragrance. The Dove Body Wash might have a small bit of fragrance to it (tough for me to tell with my nose’s current condition), but it is not overpowering. I would definitely use this again.
Scrubber – I’ve used "poofs" previously and have liked them. This scrubber, however, takes the general shower poof concept and adds to it. On one side is something resembling a "poof" only with more substance to it. Actually, calling it a poof sells it short. This is no lightweight, it can really scrub your skin. The other side is a scrubber that… well, scrubs even more. Dove says it "helps exfoliate for a deeper clean." I can’t attest to whether any exfoliation occurred (I have no clue how to tell), but my skin did feel cleaner when I used this.
Especially my face that tends to get oily. (I thought that was supposed to stop when I stopped being a teen!)
Body & Face Bar – When I opened this package, I was preparing myself for a stench of fragrance. The box smelled of fragrance and so I figured the bar would be heavily scented. I was pleasantly surprised when the bar’s fragrance was subtle, not overpowering. I’m not sure why the box smelled so much, but, since I wasn’t going to be lathering up with the box, I didn’t put much thought into it. This bar did pretty well. It lathered nicely and washed off clean.
Thanks to Dove, one lucky reader will win their own bottle of Men + Care Body and Face Wash along with a Body and Face Bar.
Rules for Giveaway:
- MAIN RULE – Answer the following questions: Which product do you think the man in your life would like most and why? If you are a man and this is for you which product are you excited to try and why?
- 1 Bonus Entry –
- 1 Bonus Entry – Tweet about the giveaway on Twitter. Be sure to include @TheAngelForever and Dove Men + Care Giveaway in the Tweet. Please leave a direct link to your Tweet in a separate comment for each daily entry. Example Tweet (feel free to use): Chance to win Dove Men + Care products from @TheAngelForever http://bit.ly/b0VlZ0 Head over to enter.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Leave a comment on any of my non-giveaway posts from the month of March. Be sure to leave a comment here to let me know which one. This Bonus entry may be done only twice per person.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Enter any of my other current giveaways. You may leave one comment for each of the giveaways that you enter on this post.
- 3 Bonus Entries – Add my blog button to your website and leave a link with the location. Be sure to give yourself 3 comments for credit.
- 5 Bonus Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog about the giveaway. Be sure to leave 5 comments about this to get credit for all of your extra entries
To enter, please follow the rules above within the comment section. Contest starts today March 25th and ends at 10:59 EST on April 15, 2010. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but must leave a valid e-mail address for me to contact you for mailing address once the giveaway is over. I will select the winner using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If there is no response, another winner will be selected. Open to U.S. residents only.
Disclosure: This post was written for Family Review Network as part of a program for Dove, who supplied the products for review and giveaway. No other compensations was given. The opinions expressed in the review are my families own feelings about the product.