We do not have any pets at our house. Thanks to severe cat and dog allergies, and a small house, we are pretty limited. Growing up, we had pet birds, some hamsters (Hammy and Fluffy had many hamster babies), and countless fish. At one point, we had eight feathered friends living in our house. We had the following members of our family:
- 4 cockatiels – Pretty Boy, Baby, Cinnamon and Wild Thing
- 2 Parakeets – Teddy and Ninja
- 2 cockatoos – Whiskers and Moose
- Now, only one of the birds remains at my parents house. This is Whiskers watching the boys play the other day.
- Over time she has gotten used to listening to them and will even chatter with the boys when she is in a good mood. Whiskers has been in our family for a long time. We got her when I was in middle school. She is a multi-generation pet to say the least.
- My question for you today:
What pets, if any, did you have as a child? Do you have any pets in your house now?
Thanks to Kailani at An Island Life for starting this fun for Friday. Please be sure to head over to her blog to say hello and sign the linky there if you are participating.