Just stepping into a Disney park is a magical experience, now imagine special events that will unfold each and every week with even more fun coming around the next week. On October 17, 2012, Disney Parks announce their new Limited Time Magic for the next 52 weeks. The news was unveiled in Times Square where a giant ice castle was on display in the middle of New York City.
In case you were curious, the ice castle was 25 feet tall, 9 feet deep, and 15 feet wide. It was made with 45,000 pounds of ice. Here is a video from Disney Parks all it featuring Jennifer Mason, Ambassador – Walt Disney World.
If Disney can create this magic memory in the middle of New York City, imagine the items that will be on the agenda this year during the Limited Time Magic. Here are a few of the items that Disney has already mentioned for the Limited Time Magic:
- True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Guests can celebrate their Valentine as Magic Kingdom and Disneyland turn up the romance, complete with their iconic castles bathed in hues of red and pink. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine collectibles will be offered for the week.
- Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
- During “Long Lost Friends Week,” lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight with meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests will even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
- Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
- Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
- Unleash the Villains: A Friday the 13th in 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland and Disney Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th Hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Capt. Hook, Jafar and other Disney villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and nighttime mischief on Sept. 13.
- Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.
- Yes, it truly does look like an amazing year ahead for guests that travel to a Disney park. For more information about Limited Time Magic, guests should visit www.disneyparks.com.
So will you be heading to Disney in the next year to experience Limited Time Magic? I would love to know all of the details as a life long Disney Parks fan.
Disclosure: I was invited to the event in NYC, but was unable to make it. As a lifelong Disney fan, I wanted to share this information with all of you.
I don’t know if we’ll be making a trip to Disney World in 2013, but if the opportunity comes up I will be there! But I think you know that.
I had to laugh at the mention of long lost friends Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. On one of our trips my mother was pregnant with my sister and had to be in a wheelchair due to some complications. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum got ahold of her wheelchair and was pushing her around. She was mortified but we found it hysterical.
Elle´s last blog post ..Meow Monday Halloween Style
Rene and I were there! It really was magical. Had a great time. Weather was perfect and it was fun to see all the people trying to figure out what was going on.
I definitely can’t wait to see what they have in store for 52 weeks of Limited Time Magic.
Ella´s last blog post ..Tandem Tantrums: 3 Things I Learned From My Dad’s Heart Attack
[…] 2013, Disney has launched Limited Time Magic where something new and exciting will take place throughout the year. Recently, I watched friends […]