My boys are not the best when it comes to eating. My oldest son (6) is better than my little guy (2), but that is not saying a lot. Trying to get them to eat healthy, nutritious food is always a challenge. The little guy loves to eat cheese and could live off of it, but to be blunt it constipates him. There is nothing worse than hearing your little guy say he hurts to do his business. We push fiber rich foods into all of our diets with a lot of options.
NHL (6) really likes most dried fruit, but JSL (2) has resisted it in the past. When I was contacted by Family Review Network to try Sunsweet Ones, I jumped at the chance to try something that my little guy may actually eat.
Sunsweet has teamed up with Cheryl Forberg, the registered dietitian and nutritionist from NBC’s "The Biggest Loser" to create the following video on what a Super Fruit is and why prunes fit into this classification.
Additional information about prunes can be found at Pop-a-prune.
JSL was immediately drawn to the package of Sunsweet Ones. Both of the boys hovered around me asking to try what was inside. Who was I to deny them a prune if they wanted to try it?! They each quickly gobbled up their prune and asked for another. I did a double take because this had never happened before when we tried prunes.
The little guy actually grabbed the container and tried to run off with them. He seriously told me that they were his. The word MINE was used frequently.
Before I gave him a second prune, I grabbed my camera to capture the moment. I wanted to be able to show this to him one day in case he ever refuses to eat them again!
The best part was the next day mid-morning. JSL grabbed my hand and led me into the kitchen. He pointed to the Sunsweet Ones container and asked me for a prune. I was floored and quickly gave him another snack. My little Cookie Monster was turning into a prune fan.
I think his smile and request says a lot, especially when you consider he is a fussy eater. On the flip side, I love prunes and have since I was a child. One of my main problems with prunes was eating through a container fast enough or they would get hard and lose the plumb, juicy goodness. The other part I disliked was putting my hand into the container and coming out all sticky. Sunsweet Ones does away with both of these issues. The prunes are individually wrapped so they stay fresh and your hands stay clean (unless you are a messy 2 year old).
We will definitely be buying more of these in the future because they are healthy, delicious and best of all everyone enjoyed them.
Thanks to Sunsweet Ones five (5) winners will receive a Sunsweet reusable shopping bag and a Sunsweet VIP Coupon, which is good for ANY Sunsweet product up to $5.50 in value
Rules for Giveaway:
- MAIN RULE – Answer the following question: What Sunsweet product do you think you will purchase with your VIP coupon if you win?
- 1 Bonus Entry – Follow me on Twitter @TheAngelForever and Tweet about the giveaway. Be sure to include @TheAngelForever and Sunsweet Ones prize pack in the Tweet. Please leave a direct link to your Tweet in a separate comment for each daily entry. Example Tweet (feel free to use): Chance to win one of 5 Sunsweet Ones prize pack from @TheAngelForever Head over to learn more about the SUPER fruit http://bit.ly/2OZAr8
- 1 Bonus Entry – What is your favorite dried fruit?
- 1 Bonus Entry – Enter one of my other current giveaways. Be sure to leave a comment here telling me what you entered.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – What is something that you learned from the video (above) of Cheryl Forberg?
- 1 Bonus Entry – Leave a comment on any of my non-giveaway posts from the month of November. Be sure to leave a comment here to let me know which one.
- 3 Bonus Entries – Write a post on your blog linking to my blog about the Sunsweet Ones prize pack giveaway. Be sure to leave 3 comments about this to get credit for all of your extra entries
To enter, please follow the rules above within the comment section. Contest starts today November 19th and ends at 10:59 EST on December 1, 2009. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but must leave a valid e-mail address for me to contact you for mailing address once the giveaway is over. I will select the winner using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If there is no response, another winner will be selected. Open to U.S. residents only.
Disclosure: This post was written as part of a program for Family Review Network and Sunsweet Ones, who provided the product for review and giveaway. I was not compensated in any way except for the complimentary product.