My oldest son is in that in-between movie stage right now. Some of the G rated movies are a little too juvenile for him. He will go to see them to be a sport with his little brother. Truth be told, there are very few PG movies. PG-13 movies can often be acceptable for an eight year old, but we need to know why it got that rating.
TechyDad and I were talking the other day about the new movie that looks like a great opportunity for the two of them to head to together. Real Steel, just opened Friday. Although rated PG-13, it looks like it may be a film for them. Part of the story line focuses on a father and son relationship.
“Real Steel” is an action drama about a former boxer (Hugh Jackman) who, against all odds, gets one last shot at a comeback when he teams up with his estranged son (Dakota Goyo) to build and train the perfect contender for the new high-tech sport of robot boxing.
Here is a trailer about the movie, specifically the relationship with Charlie and Max. This should help you get more of a feeling about the new release.
While we have not seen the movie yet, it looks like something we hope to see soon.
FYI – Real Steel is also on Facebook where more information about the movie can be found. Meanwhile, I have a fun giveaway for all of you.
Thanks to DreamWorks, one lucky reader will have a chance to win a Real Steel prize pack. This will include:
- Real Steel t-shirt in adult size S, M, L, or XL
- Real Steel bottle opener
- Real Steel stickers
- Real Steel temporary tattoos
Rules for Giveaway:
- MAIN RULE – If you had your own robot, what would you have it be able to do for you?
- The following Bonus Entries may also be done. Please be sure to leave separate comments for each that you complete below to make sure you get the right number of entries.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Follow TheAngelForever on Twitter
- 1 Bonus Entry – Follow Real Steel Movie on Twitter
- 1 Bonus Entry – Tweet the following about the giveaway (May be done three times a day): Enter to #win a @RealStealMovie prize pack from @TheAngelForever http://bit.ly/nB5awY #Giveaway
- 2 Bonus Entries – Stop by The Angel Forever on Facebook to say hello and leave me a comment on a status message. Let me know you have done so here.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Subscribe to my RSS feed (or let me know if you already are) in a separate comment.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Leave a comment on any of my non-giveaway posts from the month of September/October. Leave a comment here to let me know which one. This Bonus entry may be done twice per day.
- 1 Bonus Entry if you enter one of my other current giveaway here and here.
- 3 Bonus Entries – Add my blog button to your website and/or add me to your blogroll. Be sure to leave a link with the location.
- 1 Bonus Entry – Head over to TechyDad’s blog and say hello to him. Let me know where you posted a comment. May be done once a day.
To enter, please follow the rules above within the comment section. Contest starts today October 9, 2011 and ends at 10:59 EST on October 19, 2011. You do not have to be a blogger to enter, but must leave a valid e-mail address for me to contact you for mailing address once the giveaway is over. I will select the winner using random.org and contact you via e-mail. You will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If there is no response, another winner will be selected. Open to U.S. and Canadian residents only.
Disclosure: PR from DreamWorks sent me media information about Real Steel and asked me to conduct a giveaway for my readers. As a fan of their films, I wanted to offer this opportunity to all of you. No compensation was given, and all opinions are mine.